- Cadets shall live in outdoor waterproof tents for the duration of the entire camp.
- Cadets shall randomly divided into separate groups of 4 boys and 4 girls.
- They shall be provided with free custom- made coveralls and a jacket, which they will need to wear during their stay.
- All cadets shall be given instructions by their superiors/senior Buraqians regarding studies, recreation, living, exercises, etc.
- Tents shall have inflatable mattresses and pillow with an insulated sleeping bag.
- All cadets are expected to follow all rules & regulations as laid out y the instructors, and remain disciplined & respectful towards each other & their seniors during their stay.
Cost of Attending a Buraq Space Camp
All boarding, lodging, transport, supply of study material access to speakers during the camp is provided free of charge. Cost of transport to and from the camp site is not covered however there are a few merit based transport scholarships.
How to Register
- Interested students who will be between the ages of 14 to 16 years (on 22nd December 2017) must complete an online registration from available at www.buraqsociety.org before 17th October 2017.
- Please fill the registration form completely without leaving any section blank and provide accurate contact information.
- All information shall be kept confidential with Buraq Planetary Society.
What Parents should know
- All cadets must remain on site for the entire duration of the camp.
- All cadets shall be allowed to use their cell phones only during a certain time period.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner shall be provided to all cadets. A tuck shop shall be available if cadets want to buy a snack.
- Visitors shall only be allowed during designated days and times that will be decided by the management and shared with the Cadets.
- The entire campsite perimeter shall be well protected by dedicated security guards.
- Students shall be given prayer breaks at appropriate intervals.
- There shall be one or more field trips under supervision of experienced chaperons & instructors.
- A doctor shall be available on-call to provide free basic medical check-up or medicines, in case required.
- Girls and boys shall be given separate tents & restrooms.
- The entrance test shall be held on 21st October 2017 from 11:00am to 01:00pm simultaneously in
various major cities at a selected location. Note that this date could be changed, depending on the prevailing
security conditions. Please regularly visit www.buraqsociety.org for updates.
- Venue & timings shall be conveyed to all candidates who meet the age limit prior to the test date.
- Students will be required to present a photo ID and proof of age at the entrance test. Failure to do so will result in not being allowed to sit for the test.
- For more information on the type of questions & the test format, please visit the Buraq website.
- The test shall not be limited to any specific subject or topic , and students from all disciplines are encouraged
- Short listed candidates maybe called for a physical or Skype interview if deemed necessary by the Selection
- A formal notification shall be e-mailed to all short listed candidates. The e-mail shall contain instructions for
the next step in order to prepare for the camp.
- Any candidate not contacted by 30th November 2017 can assume that he or she has been unsuccessful on
this occasion. That candidate is strongly encouraged to reapply next year.